Art theft is defined as blatantly stealing a piece of artwork and posting it as your own. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Posting screencaptures saying that you "took them yourself" as though they were photographs, when in fact, those still images already existed
· Adding text, clip art or other images to a piece and adding something to it to make it seem as if it’s your own.
· Piecing together multiple original images, even if they all came from different sources.
· Drawing on top of someone else's already existing image.
· Applying filters to an image, changing colors, or inverting its colors.
Tracing is another form of art theft. Tracing is defined as blatantly copying the composition and structure of a work with little or no alteration, with the intent of claiming the by-product as your own. You "went through the motions" of reproducing the image, but the composition is identical to the original, with the intent for it to be identical.